Voluntary Fundraising Opportunities:
The Renegades offer several fundraising opportunities throughout the year to help off-set the expenses of hockey. Please check this page periodically for new and updated fundraising opportunities.
- All fundraising events using the Renegades name and/or logo has to go through the Director of Fundraising and will have to be presented to the board for board approval.
- If leaving the organization and a credit balance still remains in player account from fundraising activities, the funds can remain in the player account for 3 consecutive seasons or can be gifted to another member. If funds remain after 3 seasons and are not gifted to another member, funds will be absorbed by the club.
- When submitting payment for sale of fundraising goods, please present one check made payable to SCIR from the member family.
- Indicate in the memo section of the check, what the check is for and what player’s account get credited. For example: Hoagies/R. Jones.
- Do not leave cash in the mailboxes. We are not responsible for any missing funds.
- With the exception of the Lucky Lottery Calendars, all items must be prepaid when submitting the order.
- If checks are returned for non-sufficient funds, a $40 fee will be assessed. If a member family has checks returned 3 times in one season, that family will no longer be allowed to present checks to the organization for that season. Other arrangements will need to be made.
- Fundraising funds can only be used to pay for membership dues, commitment fees and tryout fees.
- Members cannot borrow against future fundraising funds. If the funds are not currently in player account, member family will have to pay for expenses.
We’re partnering with Haulstr, a mulch delivery service with a cause. Schedule your spring mulch delivery via Haulstr, and they donate $5 / yard of mulch ordered to Steel City Ice Renegades.
Order your mulch here or share our link with friends and family: https://haulstr.com/scir/.
Orders are limited, so place your order today and get mulch delivered to your home this spring! You won’t be charged until mulch is delivered, and you can choose your delivery date when you order.
Do you shop a lot on Amazon?
AmazonSmile is a program that donates 0.5% of your eligible purchases on Amazon to a charity of your choice.
If you haven't heard about it ... AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on Amazonsmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
Using AmazonSmile is easy!
Go to https://smile.amazon.com/ch/
We invite all of our members to support the organization through this program. We are hopeful that these small donations might help with defraying increasing ice costs in the future. We encourage you to forward the link to friends and family as well. A link to registering will also be added to our SCIR website so be on the lookout.
SCIR is teaming with SummerSkates to offer summer sandals and drink koozies - all made out of real hockey laces. The attached flyer explains in detail how to access the webstore and all the details. This is an organizational fundraiser so any money raised will go directly to the organization to help defray hockey costs for all members.
Please check out the link below:
The sale ends on Wednesday, March 24, 2021 so get your orders in as soon as possible and before that date. Pick up/distribution will be scheduled the week of April 5 - 11 at Alpha.
Sarris Chocolate Easter Sale
I have placed flyers and order forms at the Alpha rink office in a yellow envelope in the grey hanging folders for anyone who would like to participate in the Sarris Chocolate Easter candy sale. If you would like to participate via online ordering or have out-of-town family and friends that want to order, please go to sarriscandiesfundraising.com and use Group ID # 10-0816 for Steel City Ice Renegades. You will earn 25% profit to your individual player account with every purchase. Sarris ships directly to the person that orders for free. **There is a $5 processing fee for online orders that Sarris adds to the cost. If you do place an online order or have a family or friend that does, please email at email@example.com so I know where to apply your credit!
Orders and payment due 3/7/2021
Delivery the week of 3/21/2021
I have also placed flyers and order forms at the Alpha rink office in a yellow envelope in the grey hanging folders for anyone who would like to participate in the Marianna's hoagies and pizza fundraiser. Many choices in types of delicious handmade hoagies and pizza are being offered. All hoagies include: Lettuce, Tomato, and Onions, except Ham Club (no onions). For complete nutritional and allergen information, visit the website at mariannasfundraisers.com. Toppings come individually vacuum-sealed separately with the hoagies.
14" Famous Hoagies Total Cost per hoagie = $9.00 ($3.00 credit per hoagie ordered)
12" Pizzas (pepperoni, cheese or white) = $9.50 ($3.00 credit per pizza ordered)
Orders and payment due 3/20/2021
Delivery the evening of 3/31/2021