Voluntary Fundraising Opportunities:
The Renegades offer several fundraising opportunities throughout the year to help off-set the expenses of hockey. Please check this page periodically for new and updated fundraising opportunities.
Current Fundraising Oppurtunities
2023 Lucky Lotto Calendars
2023 Lucky Lotto Calendars are good for the entire calendar year. Each day has a prize associated with it. Prize values range from $30-$400. Prizes are awarded by the Calendar # (000-999) and date. Winning numbers are based on that day's PA Pick 3 Evening Number. Calendars can hit multiple times a year! If you win, a check will be sent from the Treasurer directly to you.
Each Calendar costs $30. Each calendar sold will earn the player a $10 credit on their player account, while the remaining $20 goes towards prize payouts.
Due to the popularity of this fundraiser, the club cannot honor any specific calendar number requests.
You pay for the calendars after you sell them. Payment and stubs are due by December 1, 2022. Please submit only one check made payable to SCIR for the total due. Place check and completed calendar stubs in a sealed envelope with player name and team in the SCIR Fundraising mailbox at Alpha. PLEASE make sure stub info is legible to allow for easy entry into the tracking spreadsheet and that all information requested is filled out.
You are responsible for the calendars requested. Unsold calendars CANNOT be returned. Any calendars taken and stubs/payment not returned will be invoiced to your player account on or about December 15, 2022 (for example, you take 10 calendars worth $300 total and only return 6 calendar stubs with payment your player account will be invoiced for the remaining owed $120).
Steel City Ice Renegades Annual Cash Raffle Fundraiser
$2,500.00 CASH PRIZE
One ticket winner will be selected by the PA Evening Big 4 Lotto drawn on October 31, 2022. Each $10.00 ticket has two numbers for two chances to win. The tickets will be distributed to all members.
Each player will receive six (6) tickets. The cost of these six (6) tickets is built into your player season fees. These tickets can be sold and the $60 kept by the player. Please return completed ticket stubs in the SCIR FUNDRAISING mailbox in the sealable, labeled envelope your tickets came in (this envelope will be labeled with player name/team info).
If you do not want to sell the tickets, just complete all ticket stubs with your own information and turn them in enclosed in the envelope. No money is needed to be submitted with these initial six tickets. Your team manager will distribute these 6 tickets to you.
Additional tickets are available for $10 each. Your player account will be credited 100% for any additional tickets sold after the initial six (6) that are built into the fees.
For example, if you sell 8 additional tickets (after the 6 initial tickets), your account will be credited $80 to your player account. All additional tickets MUST be prepaid by check (no cash) (Please no post-dated checks). All checks are to be made payable to SCIR and please note your player name and team in the notes section. There will be an initial limit of 50 additional tickets per player.
All ticket stubs must be turned in no later than October 22, 2022. Please place them in the SCIR Fundraising mailbox in an envelope. The mailbox is located to the right of the door to enter the Europe rink in the rink lobby. The fundraising box is the second box on the wall.
Please contact us with any questions.
Do you shop a lot on Amazon?
AmazonSmile is a program that donates 0.5% of your eligible purchases on Amazon to a charity of your choice.
If you haven't heard about it ... AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on Amazonsmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
Using AmazonSmile is easy!
Go to https://smile.amazon.com/ch/
We invite all of our members to support the organization through this program. We are hopeful that these small donations might help with defraying increasing ice costs in the future. We encourage you to forward the link to friends and family as well. A link to registering will also be added to our SCIR website so be on the lookout.
If you have any questions or issues with registering feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com or CJ Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org directly. We would be happy to help you.
- All fundraising events using the Renegades name and/or logo has to go through the Director of Fundraising and will have to be presented to the board for board approval.
- If leaving the organization and a credit balance still remains in player account from fundraising activities, the funds can remain in the player account for 3 consecutive seasons or can be gifted to another member. If funds remain after 3 seasons and are not gifted to another member, funds will be absorbed by the club.
- When submitting payment for sale of fundraising goods, please present one check made payable to SCIR from the member family.
- Indicate in the memo section of the check, what the check is for and what player’s account get credited. For example: Hoagies/R. Jones.
- Do not leave cash in the mailboxes. We are not responsible for any missing funds.
- With the exception of the Lucky Lottery Calendars, all items must be prepaid when submitting the order.
- If checks are returned for non-sufficient funds, a $40 fee will be assessed. If a member family has checks returned 3 times in one season, that family will no longer be allowed to present checks to the organization for that season. Other arrangements will need to be made.
- Fundraising funds can only be used to pay for membership dues, commitment fees and tryout fees.
- Members cannot borrow against future fundraising funds. If the funds are not currently in player account, member family will have to pay for expenses.
Aramark Fundraising Program
Steel City Ice Renegades teams up with Aramark to offer a unique fundraising opportunity whereby volunteers can go work concession stands at PNC Park and Heinz Stadium (Pirate baseball games, Steelers and Pitt football games and concerts) during designated dates in return for player account credit.
In order to volunteer at PNC Park, you must attend the New Hire Grand Slam/Serve Safe classes and complete an online RAMP class.