STUDENT COACHING FORM: A player between the ages of 13 and 17 who is currently properly registered with USA Hockey may serve as a student coach under the following conditions:
- Must attend a training session conducted by the local hockey association.
- Must always be under the supervision of a carded, screened adult coach during all practices,
clinics, try-outs, and in the locker room.
- May help out at practices, clinics, try-outs only. May not engage in practice scrimmages or
- Must wear a helmet with full face shield, gloves, skates, and warm-up suit while on the ice. Must
wear helmet with full face shield during games while on the bench.
- May only work with players at least two full playing age-levels down (ex. Midget coach Peewee,
Bantam coach Squirt).
- The organization that is using the student coach must provide the form to be completed by the
student indicating on what team he/she is participating as a student coach, and, if applicable,
what organization / team the student coach is properly registered/rostered as a player. The
form must be signed by the coach mentoring them as a student coach, the coach team of the
student coach is properly registered/rostered as a player, and an appropriate association
representative (Coaching Director or Registrar).
- Upon reaching the age of 18, the student coach must comply with all USA Hockey coaching and
screening rules and regulations defined in the COACH section.
May not act as the head coach or assistant coach during practices or games.