Coaches, Managers and Volunteers will be required to obtain the following information to be allowed to participate as a coach on an SCIR Team
- USA HOCKEY REGISTRATION: (https://membership.usahockey.com/) this registration is done every season. Must choose the paid version.
- USA HOCKEY BACKGROUND SCREENING: (https://www.usahockey.com/backgroundscreen) this screening is valid for two seasons.
- SAFESPORT TRAINING or THE REFRESHER COURSE: (http://www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining) A USA hockey confirmation number and email address will be used to register. This training must be completed every season.
- PA CHILD ABUSE HISTORY CLEARANCES: (https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home) this is a check for a record of abuse on a child. This clearance is valid for five years. No cost – be sure to select volunteer position.
- PA CRIMINAL RECORD CHECKS: (https://epatch.state.pa.us/) this is a criminal record check. This record check is valid for five years. No cost – be sure to select volunteer position.
- FBI CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services is utilizing IdentoGO to process fingerprint-based FBI criminal background checks. The fingerprint background check is a multiple step process. For more information and to begin the registration process, go to http://keepkidssafe.pa.gov/cs/groups/webcontent/documents/document/c_267907.pdf. For questions about your FBI Clearance, please contact the FBI/Adam Walsh Unit at 1-877-371-5422. The FBI criminal background check is valid for five years. PLEASE NOTE: Alternatively this can be waived with an affidavit if the participant has lived as resident of the state of Pennsylvania for the last 10 years.
- CDC CONCUSSION MODULE: (http://www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp/Training/index.html) this module is valid for two seasons.
- ***COACHES ONLY*** - USAH COACHING CLASS CERTIFICATION: (https://cepsearch.usahockey.com/) Please use the link to find your current USAH Coaching Level and EXPIRATION! If the expiration states 12/2022, please register for the appropriate CEP class ASAP! They fill up rather quickly! If 12/31/2022 comes along and your Level is not up-to-date, you will not be permitted to step onto the ice or coach on the bench starting on January 1, 2023 for the remainder of the season. New coaches or coaches returning after taking time off will have to complete the Level 1 class ASAP but no later than 12/31/22. Mite (8 and under) coaches may remain at their current level (even if it is expired) until they begin to coach at an of the older age levels of play. To register for a CEP class, click https://www.usahockey.com/coachingclinics
- ***COACHES ONLY*** - USAH AGE-SPECIFIC MODULES: (https://www.usahockey.com/agespecificmodules) This must be completed before you take the ice for the season.
SCIR Compliance Requirements - FBI Fingerprint Affidavit Waiver: SCIR Compliance Requirements - FBI Fingerprint Affadavit Waiver) that needs completed and witnessed.