As the organization moves ahead under the recommendation and guidance of USA Hockey, and the PAHL, here are some notes as they pertain to the 2020-2021 season.
UPDATED 11/17/2020 - 8:40 PM
- All players, coaches, team personnel and guests are required to wear masks while at the rink. It is the players choice if they wear a mask one the ice/bench. Please reference THIS PAGE for the latest information on COVID-19 policies from PAHL.
- Player should plan to bring their own water bottle to all activities, and are not to share with others.
- Players are encouraged to arrive at least partially dressed to minimize the need for locker rooms and time spent in them.
- Players should adhere to distancing guidelines while in locker rooms.
- Parents and guardians are asked to limit the number of people accompanying the prospective player(s) to the rink.
- All guests are to practice social distancing while at the rink. No gatherings.
- All visitors to the rink including players, and non-players, are encouraged to use the multiple hand sanitizing stations placed throughout the rink and wash hands frequently when possible.
- SCIR asks that all players and families read and follow the Pennsylvania state guidelines regarding Covid-19:
- PA Department of Health Covid-19 Page: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx
- Upon being notified of a positive case, the board, coach, and team manager immediately suspend team activities and begin the notification process. This process includes notifying interested parties such as other teams who have shared the ice with this team in days leading up to the positive case, the PAHL, Alpha Ice Complex, and obviously all families on that team itself.
- New PA Travel Guidelines
**The Steel City Ice Renegades has no ownership interest in, or management duties of, Alpha Ice Complex. Any questions regarding rink policies should be directed to Alpha Ice Complex staff.
Alpha Ice Complex Guidelines and Protocols
- A face covering will be mandatory for all guests while in the building (exceptions are made while skaters are on ice)
- Abide by all physical distancing rules by keeping a 6 foot distance away from others.
- Utilize hand sanitation stations that are located at every entrance and exit to rink.
- Do not enter the facility if you feel ill, have a fever or cough or are short of breath.
- Do not enter facility if you have been in close physical contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Use signage as posted for appropriate entrance and exit locations as well as designated locker rooms and bench areas.
- Parents should NOT be in locker rooms for any reason.
- No loitering can take place in lobbies or bleachers of arenas- If you must stay for the duration of practice/ice slot please follow all health and safety guidelines prescribed at that time
Even with all of these precautions in place Alpha Ice Complex cannot eliminate risk associated with COVID-19. By choosing to make use of this facility, guests are assuming risk that they could contract COVID-19 at the facility despite Alpha Ice Complex’s best efforts to provide a clean and safe environment.
COVID-19 Refund Policy
Before making a decision, our process is to collaborate with our local and national hockey governing bodies, and first and foremost to follow governmental guidance.
As a registered 501 c3 non-profit organization, Pittsburgh Amateur Hockey (Steel City Ice Renegades) attempts to formulate a budget each year that allows our individual team fees to stay as inexpensive as possible, while still offering a top notch program to our members. We do not distribute profits to any shareholders or owners.
We are looking forward to the hockey season, and want all members to know that we are focused on youth hockey, and not the “bottom line”.
SCIR Board of Directors
**The Steel City Ice Renegades has no ownership interest in, or management duties of, Alpha Ice
Complex. Any questions regarding rink policies should be directed to Alpha Ice Complex staff.
For information on Alpha Ice Complex's procedure during re-opening, please click here