SCIR Coaching Compliance
Coaches will be Required to obtain the following information to be allowed to participate as a coach on an SCIR Team
1. USA HOCKEY REGISTRATION: (https://www.usahockeyregistration.com/login_input.action) this
registration is done every season. Cost is $45 for coaches. The is no cost for volunteers.
2. MID- AM BACKGROUND SCREENING: (http://www.midamhockey.com/youth-hockey/screeningprocess-log-in/)
this screening is valid for two years. Cost is $25.
3. SAFESPORT TRAINING or THE REFRSHER COURSE: (http://www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining) A
USA hockey confirmation number and email address will be used to register. This training is valid for
two years. If you have completed the initial training course, you will need to edit your account and
update the USA Hockey number to your 2017-18 number to determine if you need to take the refresher
training (See instructions on last page). No cost.
4. PENNSYLVANIA CHILD ABUSE HISTORY CLEARANCES
(CY113): (https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home) this is a check for a record of abuse on
a child. This clearance is valid for three years. Required ASAP. No cost – be sure to select volunteer
5. PENNSYLVANIA CRIMINAL RECORD CHECKS (SP4-164): (https://epatch.state.pa.us/) this is a criminal
record check. This record check is valid for three years. Required ASAP. No cost – be sure to select
6. FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI) CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: The Pennsylvania
Department of Human Services is utilizing Cogent Systems to process fingerprint-based FBI criminal
background checks. The fingerprint background check is a multiple step process. For more information
and to begin the registration process, go to https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_dpwNew.htm. For
questions about your FBI Clearance, please contact the FBI/Adam Walsh Unit at 1-877-371-5422. The
FBI criminal background check is valid for three years. Required ASAP. Cost is $27.50.
7. PARTICIPANT CODE OF CONDUCT FORM:
Please note that we are working on an electronic version. Please hold off till further instruction
8. CDC CONCUSSION MODULE: (http://www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp/Training/index.html) this
module is valid for two years.
9. USAH COACHING CLASS CERTIFICATION: (http://www.usahockey.com/page/show/893024-cep-list)
Please use the link below to find your current USAH Coaching Level and EXPIRATION! If the expiration
states 12/16, please register for the appropriate CEP class ASAP! They fill up rather
quickly! If 12/31/16 comes along and your Level is not up-to-date, you will not be permitted to step
onto the ice or coach a bench. New coaches have till to complete the Level 1 class ASAP but no later
10. USAH AGE-SPECIFIC MODULES: (http://www.usahockey.com/page/show/892966-age-specific-modules)
You will have until 12/31/16 to complete the age-specific module. You have one month from the day
you start the module, but if you don't start until December 31 you only have 1 day because the modules
will go off line January 1
For all Compliance Details Please see here: 2017-18 SCIR Compliance Requirements - 20170812